Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sweet Tooth and Matching Outfits

Last Sunday, I went to what I can only describe as the most magical place on earth short of Disneyland: Max Brenner. A friend of mine had mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago, and I had been eagerly awaiting the chance to check it out for myself.

For those of you not familiar with it (as I was before becoming intimately acquainted with it this past weekend), Max Brenner is a chocolate-lover's paradise. They have vats of swirling chocolate being stirred constantly, tubes of chocolate leading across the ceiling, walls and shelves covered floor to ceiling, even the chairs and tables are made of chocolate (ok, that last one isn't true).

At any rate, there is so much chocolate here, it will give you a cavity just looking at it. It's designed as a sort of cafe that serves items solely based on chocolate: hot chocolate, drinking chocolate, chocolate bars, chocolate mousse, chocolate pizza, chocolate fondue...you get the idea.

A few of us went over there in the evening after another day in Bondi (which is going to be fantastic once the weather is warmer). We grabbed a table and just ordered a bunch of stuff. I ended up with a coconut and lychee smoothee, an Italian thick hot chocolate (white chocolate), and split a chocolate fondue and chocolate mousse with ice cream with the rest of my friends. Toward the end, I queried as to whether or not anyone else's teeth were chattering uncontrollably.


Milk and dark choclate fondue with bananas,
strawberries, marshmallows, and banana bread.

Three-layer chocolate mousse with chocolate
sauce, fresh strawberries, and vanilla ice cream.

Italian thich hot chocolate - white chocolate, naturally.
They serve hot drinks in 'hug mugs' - they are
shaped so that you can easily wrap both hands
around it. I really wanted one, but they were $25.
I'll have to think about it.

As a side note, I had met a friend of mine earlier that day to go over to Bondi, and when we met up, we saw that she and I were wearing the same outfit - a red polo shirt and blue jeans (same color blue too). This amused us. But wait, it gets better. Later that night at Max Brenner, we met up with someone else as well. This will blow your mind:


Josh and Carson. Red polos, blue jeans,
and the SAME PUMA SHOES. Coolest. Outfit.
Ever.

So, at one point in the evening, there were three of us in our group of four wearing essentially the same outfit. I imagine we looked a bit like cult members. Who else wants to drink the Kool-Aid?

No comments: